1. SHAWLS - I picked up these 2 handwoven and naturally dyed shawls in previous trips to India, and they are perfect for adding modesty to a Love me 2 Times Design, while still staying cool in the heat. They can be used to cover your head and shoulders, often a requirement for entering temples or sacred spaces, and will add extra warmth as a scarf in Bhutan's colder climate.
2. A SWIMSUIT - I found this lovely blockprint swimsuit at Anthropologie a few months ago. I love it because the print is similar to one of our blockprint designs making it easy to blend into my Gaia Wardrobe.
3. A HAT - I prefer the Asian style hat. It is great for both sunny and rainy days. While, it is certainly not the easiest style to keep up with when traveling and sometimes draws a little more attention than I'm in the mood for, I haven't found a hat that I love as much as this one. My best advice for a travel hat is take your favorite !!!
4. JEWELRY - I only take the jewelry I have on the day I leave. For this trip I have chosen a body chain ( which we will be offering soon at gaiaconceptions.com) and an arm bracelet. Jewelry is my favorite thing to collect when traveling and it makes for a lightweight and easy-to-pack souvenir, so there is really no need for me to bring along more. I'm sure to find lots of beautiful pieces as I travel.
5. SHOES - For traveling to India during Monsoon season waterproof shoes are the way to go. I'm bringing 2 pairs of flip flops with a heel strap, and a sandal with a little more arch support for big walk days. There are also lots of great shoes to be found in India, so I'll likely find a couple of pairs along the way if I find I need something warmer.
6. JACKETS - I will be taking 2 Belted Cocoon Jackets. The Belted Cocoon Blockprint Jacket and the Belted Cocoon Tunic Jacket in tissue cotton, which also makes an excellent robe or swimsuit cover up.
7. I have decided my base layer is going to be our Love me 2 Times Wanderer Long Dress. I'm taking 5 different colors of this dress. Some are made out of tissue cotton and some are made out of our light hemp/organic cotton knit. This dress is perfect for India, because it offers modesty and protection from mosquitoes, with its long length and it's easy for me to mix and match shirts, shawls, and dresses over top. I can also triple fold it for a different look or wear it on it's own in less conservative cities, such as Mumbai or Bangalore.
8. Another great item while traveling to Southeast Asia is our Harem Pant. This design is perfect for traveling on the trains, as it's closed bottom design allows for easy lounging and movement without any embarrassing peek-a-boo accidents.
9. I'm taking along an assortment of Apron Wrap Shirts, Tube tops, and boob tubes (blockprint and standard). These all layer well over the Love me 2 times Wanderer Long dress to create different color combinations and silhouettes. Simply adding the Apron Wrap Shirt for example makes this dress look more like this dress.
10. A TOWEL - I prefer a linen towel, mostly because it drys fast and takes up less space.
11. POPOVERS and KAFTANS - I find a loose item to cover my shoulders works best for the humid heat of Asia and layers easily over the Love Me 2 Times Wanderer Long Dress I have chosen as my main base. For my purposes, I chose the Kaftan Shirt in light hemp/organic cotton knit and our Popover in tissue cotton.
12. THE STASH BELT - This is a new design that we will be releasing soon !!! Essentially, it is our stretchy wasitband with a zippered pocket. The perfect place to keep your passport, credit cards, or even your phone while gallivanting the globe. I like to keep my passport attached to me most of the time and wouldn't want to leave it in my hotel room or purse. The Stash Belt is a simple, highly functional way to keep your passport on you at all times without making it obvious that you even have on a belt. Because this belt is the same size and design as our waistbands, it almost disappears.
13. TUBE TOP SARI SHIRT - I adore this shirt and again it is an easy way to add a new silhouette to my base layer. The Tube Top Sari Shirt is our tube top with a long piece of fabric attached. Basically, a tube top with a built-in shawl. It will turn this dress into this dress or can easily be worn with any skirt or pant.
If you have made it this far you are amazing and thanks so much for reading my post. We will be listing in-depth travel posts on the places we visit over the next 6 months, so check back in or join our blog for more post like this one !!